Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Qsc....

I bought an 1804 model as a lark (after all, guitar center gave me two freakin' weeks to bring it back for refund, and 4 weeks for upgrade).

The long and the short of it is that it replaced my vertically biamped Threshold T-200's driving my Analysis Omega panel speakers.

It also replaced...Atma-sphere M60 (not a good match for the panels), Bryston 4BSST (for what, less than a third the cost), Spectron Musician II (beats the Spectron at its own game). I have also had in here some assorted Levinsons, Cary, Plinius, and many others. Fact of the matter is, the QSC, on These Speakers and This System, just kicks musical butt. There is more, and better controlled, bass. During those huge bass transients, there is no loss of mid and hf info. There is a clarity to the music at realistic levels that nothing else quite managed (the Thresholds were very slightly better from mids on up but only when playing softly and if there weren't any bass transients going on). The Bryston was also colored compared to the QSC; on the QSC there is just NO shift in timbre when the going gets rough.

Accurate tonal colors, and accurate timing make music just that much more toe-tapping delicious. Heh, and massive power is another good thing on Planar/ribbons. Strange thing is, the speakers sound more dynamic even at low levels where my other amps should have been loafing.

Fact of the matter, my friends and I are aghast at how many high-end amps are...well...compressed sounding compared to this little beast. The ones that arent compressed are maybe ten times the price of the qsc!
Give Me Ambiguity or Give Me Something Else!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Qsc.... - rp1@surfnetusa.com 22:44:56 03/30/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.