Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Best sounding pro audio amp

IMHO the best sounding pro amps are the MC2 Audio MC series amps
(www.mc2-audio.co.uk). Not only the best sounding pro amps, the best sounding amps bar none! They are also completely bullet-proof and will produce their rated output on any load for months/years on end. The bigger ones are very popular for driving 4 8Ohm subs in parallel, so loads of 2Ohm are no problem at all.
Got no idea how much they are in the US though, here they cost about half as much as the equivalent Bryston. And despite the fact that they made between 7000 and 10.000 units a year since '96 they are extremely rare to find secondhand, which is always a good sign. The company claims that over 97% of all the amps they ever sold are still in daily use. They also come with a transferable warranty.

Also I'd stay clear of digital/switching amps as these invariably add an extra conversion stage into the signal chain even if they are capable of suppressing the RF interference they produce. The only place they have a right to exist is in a touring pa rig where size and weight equals cash.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.