Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: consulting firm

I myself lack the power to dump them; someone else entered into a contract with them without telling me. We'll be paying them extra money to contract with an acoustician that I could have contacted directly. But, leaving that behind since there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, I can smile and nod for now and ignore them when the part we've contracted for is done. The acoustician they're using is highly regarded and well established in the area and even the state.
My objective in this project is to put together a sound system that can carry us in virtually any direction we want to go: ear-splitting rock concert to strictly spoken word seminar. My next big argument with them will be over speaker arrangement. They're going to push for a stereo LR speaker configuration, even if the system is run mono. Another installer I know who have been working in audio for a long time favors center clusters. Others I've talked to favor three channel LCR configurations. I think LCR is overkill; too much money for not enough benefit to the average listener. Now I have to decide if we should go with the LR or the center cluster. Thoughts?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: consulting firm - GoWolfpack 09:41:27 02/06/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.