Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: I'm 58 and love bass and treble!....

I was referring to your mention of the sound system being behind a curtain. What a great way to kill the very top end. Of course if you don't use real CD horns then you don't have even dispersion of the very highs anyway. I do understand what you are saying. I do audio for a living and I find that the average person wants to hear voices above all else. But the concert enthusiasts and disco dancers love the "boom and sizzle". There's often a wide technical gap between the two. And so many systems sound lousy trying either. Usually I find it comes down to money. A well designed and implemented system often costs more and doesn't look as cool as a brute force install. Sure there are snake oil sales going on but there are also uneducated customers who demand something that they don't need or want something they can't afford.
And there's no accounting for taste;)

Is there a chance that the sound tracks of the past had audiences who were better at listening?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.