Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Thanks, Troy!

You're probably correct in your assumptions. The fact reamins that it was done. With two Dukane vacumn tube 30 watt PA amps one driving each Altec 604, one each side of the proscenium at the Bell auditorium in Augusta Georgia. It can accommodate a colleiate basket ball game with two balconys. The fact remains that most 3000 seat auditoriums with three and four balconys that ran motion pictures did so with one, uno, (1) loudspeaker system behind a perforated screen and a heavy valour velvet curtain and still reinforced the entire room even with the curtain closed. They did it with one 30 watt vacumn tube power amp some of them Class A. They didn't need a electronic three way crossover, three equalizers and three amps with a killowatt each of output power. Now I'm not saying that there was equal sound pressure measurements above 96db at every frequency across the entire breath of the span. But no one complained that it was too loud or that they couldn't hear. In fact it didn't sound very bad at all and my ears were young at the time. It's interesting that when symphony orchestras come to my home town to give a concert they insist that the PA system be turned OFF! I for one am certainly glad that they insist this. Cordially, Ray
"I take you as you are
And make of you what I will,
Skunk-bear, carcajou, bloodthirsty
Non-survivor.
Lord, let me die but not die out." THE LAST WOLVERINE by James Dickey

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.