Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: If I had a large fortune, I'd build a nice music venue a big-ass, no-holds-barred OTL-driven horn system! (nt)

Again, thanks to all for the feedback. After some consideration, we were going to go with a couple QSC PLX3102 amplifiers (two loudspeakers and two stage monitors) based on the recommendation of a pro audio consultant. That consultant dropped the ball at the last minute, and I had to find someone fast. Fortunately, we found a new and better contractor and he recommended Lab Gruppen amps when I told him what we were looking for in a system that was comparable to an audiophile stereo. Actually, we only bought a single Lab Gruppen C-Series amplifier since it is a 4-channel amplifier. We also went with EAW loudspeakers and an Allen & Heath mixer. After some critical listening after the installation was completed, I can confidently say that this system sounds really, really good. I've actually played back some audiophile recordings on this system and I have been very impressed with the speed, detail and clarity of the system. With the EAW speakers, it sounds very similar to an S.E.T. amplifier. The amp has never shown signs of any strain whatsoever. I really think these Class D amplifiers have a lot going for them as the technology matures. Since we never tried the QSC amplifiers, I have no comparison to make. I can say confidently that if anyone is looking for audiophile quality sound, the combination of an A&H mixer, Lab Gruppen Class D amplification and EAW speakers is a great system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: If I had a large fortune, I'd build a nice music venue a big-ass, no-holds-barred OTL-driven horn system! (nt) - rhing 04:30:50 12/21/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.