Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Legibility

But how's the intelligibility?

Horn-loaded speakers generally are best for large, reverberant environments, because of the control over the angle of propagation, i.e., where the majority of the sound goes, so it goes where we want it to go (i.e., acoustically soft, absorbing humans), thus improving the ratio of direct-to-reverberant sound, thus improving intelligibility.

Secondly, even an "average" system can sound good, if the installation is well done, and the EQ is also well done.

So, whether it's Bose, Community, EAW, JBL, Meyer, or whatever, horn-loaded speakers have fundamental advantages which are unrelated to the brand, and so the decision regarding what to do or what to buy or how to install it or how to EQ it should still be left to someone who knows what they're doing.

And someone who calls it "legibility" doesn't qualify, any more than someone who asked the original question.

So, I refer to my original post: Another poorly managed project. (But at least they're spending someone else's money.)

I'm puzzled as to why we haven't heard back from the original poster, just to say "thanks for waking me up".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Legibility - Inmate51 10:36:33 11/09/06 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.