Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: ok to order from the link you gave below?

I find the sound of phenolic diaphragms sounds smoother and more natural in the mids than the titanium ones do. The tradoff is in extension. The phenolic diaphragms roll off in the high frequencies, where the titaniums can go to 20k in some drivers. Since you want to use tweeters as well, that is not a problem. I found that even where the drivers extend to 20k or so, if you are using a horn that allows a 500Hz crossover, then the highs beam so much that you need a tweeter anyway, just to get decent dispersion, so I prefer to go for the smoother midrange of the phenolic driver. The D150 phenolic tweeter works well, if the 60 degree pattern is satisfactory. I use the D405 bi-amped, crossing over at 5k passively to the D150. The D150 rolls off above 16k or so (typical of phenolic tweeters), but my hearing is only good to about 13k now, so no problem for me. The link is good, and drivers are in stock. Just to keep things ligit, its my site.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.