Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

tripod mic stands

I am looking for some sturdy, inexpensive tripod mic stands for use with the Atlas Sound BB-77 boom arm. One knob for all adjustments. All adjustments would be made with the boom arm. The arms would not be removed from the stands and I would use them about 4-5 times a year.I need 12 of them, and my budget is about $4-500. The boom arms would be about $220.
I have considered the Onstage package from Musicians Friend, 6 stands with booms and bag for $100. Some of the reviews say that these are throw away stands. I have also looked at the tripod stands from Partsexpress and MCMINONE. Does anybody know what kind of quality those stands are? I could get some Atlas Tripod stands on Ebay for about $400, but the boom arms are not the BB-77. I have also thought about the Radio Shack tripod mic stand (no boom arm), but my experience with RS boom arms is that I hate them. Is there any real quality difference in tripod mic stands out there?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - tripod mic stands - churchsoundman12 14:13:51 07/17/05 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.