Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Inexpensive speakers for gig.

Well what i have now is a lil mixing amp runing two tiny monitors, something similar to this.. CLICK HERE
it is ok for voices and the highs carry fine, but the bass doesn't exist so when i play some rap or techno, it just distorts. So as a temp fix i obtained a Klipsch x-over/amp module out of a home sub and I'm running the monitors thru the speaker lever ins/outs and then to the monitors. then the subwoofer amp modude goes into an old JBL 15 in a crappy box. The lil sub amp over heats too much for consant use, it hits low enough though. I want to use my NAD Amp. is there a sub i can get that hasa build in x-over where i can rin the NAD to the sub then out to the monitors?

- sudden thought - woah... i wonder if i can run the two monitors into one 200 watt channel on the NAD and the sub woofer into the other 200 watt channel.... now i just need a way to get only 80 Hz to the sub and low lever cutoff at 80Hz for the monitiors.

crap i'm confuzed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Inexpensive speakers for gig. - Reclipse 13:06:44 07/06/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.