Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: hifi preamp with pro gear

I have a combination of pro & domestic audio gear & have never had any compatibility problems as most pro equipment has variable input sensitivity that will match domestic pre amps & CD players (.775V).

I run a Crown Studio Referance 2 power amp, BBE 862, SPL Stereo Vitaliser MkII Tube, Yamaha CDRW 1000 with Apogee UV22 encoding & domestic Denon S10 pre amp & S10 CD player which has balanced XLR inputs & outputs which allows a complete balanced XLR signal path match with the pro gear. (except turn table); & soon either Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SE or Dynaudio Audience 82 speakers.

I listened to a few amps in the US $1500 range and to my ears the Crown Studio Ref was so much better than the domestic amps I heard at the same price point plus the sound was exactly what I was looking for, my search was over.
I am sure that it would be impossible to get this sound quality at this price with purley a domestic system.

Regards Enrico.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.