Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Upgrade my system

Peavey does not make speakers worthy of handling very low bass notes. JBL hardly does. If you must, compensate your sound level some by looking for the most sensitive subs out there. Also consider subs which can truly handle low bass and have high excursion capabilities. So, go with Cerwin Vega. If you choose not to, then JBL is better than Peavey. Yes, the RMX 2450 should do fine with subs, for casual listening and home theater. If you're partying all night with it... yeah, it will probably still do great. I'd say trade it off for a Crown or Crest if you want definite reliability though. Yes, for subwoofer duties, DO by all means use a crossover. Try to cross the sub over under 100 Hz provided your higher range speakers can dip down to 100 Hz with no problem (they should.) Cross the sub over even lower if you use woofers for your "subwoofer" like Peavey drivers and most JBL drivers. Those drivers tend to reproduce a lot of high mid-bass to annoying levels -- my opinion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Upgrade my system - Kevin 04:14:22 05/05/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.