Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

test

That is as much a myth as some associate with cables
Jim thank you, but the consideration you offer is too great. I must politely disagree with you on the point that I ALONE adher to the "cable manifesto" you offered. For you to say this POV is foreign for MANY/ANY of the cablephiles / Subjectivists is not true and only perpetuates a falsehood that is held with some sort of common infatuation with many of you non-cablephiles.
There may be a grain of truth to this belief as you will find Subjectivists that believe in "cable magic". But is it a common stance held by most enthusiasts that have experience with after-market cables? I think not, least those I'm familiar (and you're not unfamiliar with the company I keep). I assume you were referring or at the very least including the other Forums I visit in your blanket statement. If you were to lurk on AA (unpleasant that may be) it would be apparent that this is not true, that "cables are a cure-all". If I may speak on their behalf, the common belief is pretty much what you stated, that cables can have an effect on system performance but they are but one (1) small element to have an effect on the overall quality of playback. Almost everyone I know would concur that cables are way down the list of system-building tools. CABLES ARE A FINE-TUNING MEASURE, that should be addressed AFTER you have assembled a "proper" foundation; speaker+amp, room, front-end, and the inter-dependance of all components to embellish the presentation of your music.
I think where it can get a bit confusing is when people talk about the "degree of effect" a cable, cord or tweak realizes in our systems. Use my recent ribbon pc posts as an example. For Me the simple change from one ribbon pc to another ribbon cord made a significant impact on the performance of my friend's system, that in this instance resulted in greater musical enjoyment. BUT that change was still small, its just that THAT small change was meaningful - to Me. YMMV. You may not even reconize or appreciate the very change or the degree of the change I reported. Was the pc swap more important than the choice of amp or speaker? No. I've found that fine-tuning can make or break a system (much like cooking) but without the proper ingrediance, no amount of seasoning will fix a bad recipe.
MikE (… tinkering is My way of embracing My passion with My music via the medium of replay… )

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - test - Mwalsdor@cscc.edu 22:08:14 04/30/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.