Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Technical question for the Pros using yesterdays gear with todays (long)

Keith,
Ok, on paragraph seven, got it, that's what I thought, but wanted clarification, thanks. I agree with you that there may not be a 'read back' on the port, but I've been refreshing my self on the use of the break-out box to see what sex this little beasty is and determine the hand-shaking involed. I'll approach it as a puzzle, it should be fun.

Using the 700s with the video ins & outs is the way it was intended to be used and that maybe the best way to utilize them.

I'm now investigating the use of DDRs, (Digital Disk Recorders) which claim a frame by frame lossless accuracy. I'm just learning about them, seem to have different forms of compression and even no compression formats. Depending on their cost it might be a way to go, but dunno yet.

Thanks for all your input, you are a asset to this forum and appreciate your involement. I will post results in the future.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Technical question for the Pros using yesterdays gear with todays (long) - Organbuff64' 23:40:05 03/19/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.