Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Restructuring Advanced re-enforcement system (long)

I work in a theater in The Netherlands, and we have a comparable system consisting of an Axys source set, Axys source centre cluster, 4 Axys U-12 balcony fills and 6 Axys Tx-86 frontfills. We use two XTA DP200 DSP's for EQ-ing and delaying.
I always operate the system using the left and right outputs of our K3 mixer for left and right stack, and the mono output for the rest. All levels are set by the XTA, and delays are set as well. I operate the K3 in a special fader mode, so that the left master fader handles left and right, and the right faders operates the mono ouput. Some others prefer a maxtix output or a group out.
This is very simple to operate. You can use the summed L+R signal for the mono ouput, but for speech or to let the sound come from the middle for the entire audience, you just set the mono level somewhat higher.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Restructuring Advanced re-enforcement system (long) - Jag 21:27:48 03/18/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.