Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

24/96

No, it cannot burn a DVD-R. It can burn 24/96 _information_, but you have to get it into the system "manually". I just did this, myself. I have a 24/96 "DAD" of Alan Parsons Project, _I, Robot_. Connected the digital out of my DVD player to the digital in of my Alesis Masterlink. Hit play on the DVD player and record on the Masterlink. But it initially records to the hard-drive, does not record directly to the CD-R. Now I can listen to this off of the hard-drive anywhere I want to take my Alesis Masterlink. You can also hit the "CD24/Redbook" button, and force it to downcovert the signal to 16 bit/44.1 kHz, and then burn a CD-R that way. I did this, just to hear -- meh. I'm not blown away by the algorithm, but haven't given up on it yet, either. Jury's still out.

If you want to burn 24/96 information onto CD-R, it uses a semi-proprietary format they call CD24, which, I heard, is just CD-ROM format. So if your computer can handle that, I think that means you can transfer them to your computer entirely in the digital realm (although, if your computer can handle it, you may want to just connect the digital out of the DVD to the digital in of your computer).

Only problem with this is, a single CD-R can only handle about 19 minutes of 24/96 data, which means about 3 for the Alan Parsons Project (for backups -- I am the legal owner of the recording). Haven't figured out how to break it down, yet. If anyone knows, please tell me. I thought I had done it once before, but the steps seem to be eluding me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.