Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Problematic Volume Control on Krell 300i

Hi All,
Can you guys please help me with the following problems that I have encountered with my Krell 300i integrated amp, which I recently purchased from a private party?

(1) Problem #1:
+ I hooked up the Krell 300i directly to the power outlet.
+ I hooked up the rest of my components to a power surge protector.
+ When I turned off a light in my bedroom while playing CDs, which probably shares the same circuit with my electronics, the volume AUTOMATICALLY increased sharply.
+ The problem has not appeared again since I hooked up the Krell 300i to the power surge protector.

(2) Problem #2:
+ With all of my components are hooked to a power surge protector, I have noticed at least twice that the volume control on the Krell 300i was not quite responsive. In other words, normally I only need to turn up the volume to the 2nd or 3rd level (the light indicator of the Krell on the 2nd or 3rd position), the sound is vibrant, powerful. However, at least twice I needed to turn the volume all the way up (above the mid point between min and max) to get the same powerful musical intensity. Please notice that for the above two contitions, I played the same CD using the same player, which is a brand new Sony DVD 900V.

I'm not too sure whether the above problems were flukes or they were resulted from my imagination or my Krell 300i needs a serious check up. I still have the warranty on this Krell.

Please help. Thanks very much in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Problematic Volume Control on Krell 300i - MS 14:00:04 02/08/02 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.