Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Multichannel Audio Interfaces - Best sounding?

I am considering a multichannel audio interface similar to those by RME Fireface 800, Lynx Aurora 16, T. C. electronics Konnekt 48, etc., for a computer based crossover/room correction system for my Magnepan "Frankenpans" (which, in case you are not familiar with them, are custom built and highly modified Magnepan planar speakers).
See my post http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=mug&m=190042 in the Planar Speaker Asylum for more info.

I was searching to see if this gear is adequate for my purposes. Others have used the Lynx Aurora 8 and found it to be quite adequate, obtaining excellent results. In an attempt to save some bucks, I concentrated on the Konnekt 48, as I own an Impact Twin from the same company, and the Konnekt 48 has 12 channels. I came across your recommendation on the Echo Audiofire 12 and started looking into that as an even cheaper alternative. When I thought about it further, it made good sense that the quality would be as good as RME or Lynx because the Echo unit does not have all the bells and whistles that the others do, nor does it have any Mic preamps.

My question is this. Do you still feel the same way about the Audiofire? Has your opinion changed any? Do you think it would be as good as an RME or Lynx? Would you recommend anything else? Anything you can tell me about it would be very helpful. Thanks!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Multichannel Audio Interfaces - Best sounding? - computerman 19:27:12 06/01/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.