Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Quality XLR cables for stage use?

Do you have evidence that I ignored any of the advice that was provided? In fact, I took it all very seriously, and I appreciate it. I should have indicated that as well, and I apologize for not doing so. It's been a busy day.

I just checked the guy's five XLR cables. Two of them have completely open connections, not even intermittent. One of them only has continuity on one of the three conductors!

As everyone said, it's hard to go wrong with Belden and Switchcraft. I make all my own 1/4" unbalanced cables with Switchcraft plugs and a roll of Mogami cable of equivalent quality I got years ago. I simply haven't kept up with what's good in microphone/balanced line cables because I don't deal with those quite as often. The balanced line connections most relevant to my work run through Leslie cables.

Still, I think it's fairly common for performers to be very picky about their guitars and amps--and, at the same time, balk at spending money on quality cables.

And I put lots of time, almost every day, into helping people on various tech discussion lists. I'd like to think that it all comes around :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.