Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Pro Speaker recommendation for small dance club

I would like to create a small dance club environment in my home. I have a large home theater room (25x40) with cathedral ceiling open to 2nd floor. I like all types of music and have an ultra-hgh end two channel system separate from the theater sound system. The theater sound system is also made up of ultra high end audio equipment. I have appreciated high end equipment for many years and have a great amount of experience with what most call audiophile or high end stereo equipment. I have no experience with professional audio. I have tried using these type of speakers for the dance club environment, however, am disappointed with the results. I need the sound loud,dynamic, clear, and most of all dispersed equally throughout the room. Since the room is intended for dancing and party events I would like the sound to be equally as good no matter where in the room or standing or sitting. The lack of dispersion is the single most lacking characteristic of any system built with high end speakers. I listened to some pro audio speakers when selecting speakers for the theater, however, didnt feel they sounded very good having limited high frequency response and lack of articulation. I had limited exposure so I am not sure this is typical of all pro sound speakers. I have also experienced systems in clubs that were great and some that were horrible and cant pin these to any particular brand. I know all to well that setup and environment make a difference. Any suggestions as to a good sounding pro audio speaker solution with good dispersion would be appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Pro Speaker recommendation for small dance club - Qhome 19:02:54 06/01/11 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.