Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Outdoor System Questions

I have a few questions for those pros out there.......I'm just a dad trying to help upgrade his daughters high school softball team's pa system and we use a system to play warm up/pre game music, music between innings and do announcements. WE have old horn speakers on light pole about 20 ft up that are located behind each dugout which are directed towards the bleachers. I want to try and replace the speakers with a better sound quality and also add one speaker to direct towards the warm up area. The area that needs to be covered is fairly small and we're not tying to put on a concert. We have no building to install the amp and other equip., so we bring it in for each game. I'm trying to find the right equipment to fit our very small budget of $700. Would a Behringer pmp518m 180w mixer amp with three Atlas sm82t speakers be decent? We would build a cover to protect the speakers. Also, any suggestions would be helpful.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Outdoor System Questions - bobbya 03:25:16 01/11/10 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.