Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Regular Stereo Receiver/amp with seperates!

My wife's cousin's daughter was having her Bat Mitzvah at some dive on Long Island. They knew that I was into audio and asked if I could bring some equipment for a sound system ( they went overboard on the location and food but forgot about music). The system I brought was a regular but older home theater unit (Yamaha RX-V1400), Portable mixer (Tascam 414), two Alesis amps (RA-300), two older speakers (dB Soundfield V - which I had previously replaced the crossover circuitry), and two mics (cheap Samsons incase someone wanted to emulate Roger Daltry), and my laptop loaded with tunes.

Laptop headphone output and mics went into the mixer. Mixer line out went into the Yamaha. Yamaha preouts went into the two amps and thence to the speakers.

This set up was enough for a very large hall with about 300 people and enable those into karaoke. And it all sounded very good when finally set up using the Yamaha YPAO system and seperate sound level meter.

With a couple of Art phono preamps (or if your turntables have internal amps) there are plenty of options within the HT unit. For my neighbors birthday party (50th) the week after Thanksgiving, I'm using the same set up as above, but including one turntable, one CD player, and a DVD player (they're bringing the digital projector).

Edits: 11/26/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.