Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Need help with mon./mic. feedback

I would be curious to see these monitors. Three drivers on the front angled baffle sounds like a mess. Also, remember that flying monitors in the air is going to add to the VOG effect. It stands for the Voice of God. When the sound comes from above, it is a noticable effect that makes the FOH mixer a real pain sometimes. Theater people are very familiar with this.

Wait on the wireless. You are incorrect about the interference long term. As of 02/09, many wireless systems will be illegal and unusable, as the FCC has sold off the 700MHz band which is actually 698-746 MHz. The whitespace that used to provide buffer between analog TV stations now has been allocated by the FCC to the highest paying lobbyists. So, as of this moment, there are VERY few choices in wireless. The largest manufacturers and sports organizations went to Washington and threatened no sports, etc, but they didn't care.

Also, after 02/09 your church will have to have a license to operate your wireless systems. Actually, technically, legally, ALL wireless users are to have licenses NOW. 99% of the people do not know that, do not care, etc and are operating illegally now.

If you MUST have one now, Look to Sabine. Since you are a small church on a small budget, they are the cheapest entry. They operate in the 2GHz range. No licenses is required to be there. You don't want to go low freq because there will be a TON of traffic down there once everyone makes the move 02/09. Ask people in NY. The move as already occured, and churches, schools, etc are having a fit, Their systems work one day and not the next.

Your next option is about $5k per channel, and is digital. They are the best sounding and the most reliable.

Edits: 11/08/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.