Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: just how much 'damage' would a graphic eq do to my system?

You would likely get better results by chucking the Mackies. I don't know which version you have, with the aluminum drivers or not. I have the original release models here and they aren't too bad. They put the low-f passive radiator on the back of the cabinet, which kind of limits speaker placement.

As far as EQ goes, a graphic has ISO centered frequencies. What are the chances that your problem frequencies will fall exactly on those filters? None. You would be better off with a parametric IMO. You can dial in the specific f desired, the size of the bell and reduce the interaction between frequencies that are not a problem. If you do get a graphic, you might consider a 1/6th octave from White or some other company instead of a 1/3. A good graphic that actually boosts or cuts what it says it is ain't cheap.

Behringer is crap. No way around that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: just how much 'damage' would a graphic eq do to my system? - harecording 20:51:49 07/30/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.