Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: PRO doesn't mean a damn thing anymore....

Hm... its been over 20 years since I've seen anything other then active pas in any venue more ambitious then a karaoke bar. With the amp racks as close to the speakers as possible (unless they are using active boxes), cable runs of any length ore done with line-level balanced cables or digital where length doesn't really matter much.

That said there is an awful lot of 'pro-sumer' gear out there pretending to be pro, sometimes its the cheap lines of good manufacturers, sometimes the manufacturer makes nothing but pro-sumer gear (like Behringer or Samson). Either way a $50 woofer with a stamped steel chassis will not be a quality piece of kit, no matter what the marketing blurb says. Generally you get what you pay for and for a 10 or 12 inch woofer I'd spend at least $120 or so and about the same for a suitable compression tweeter with or without horn.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PRO doesn't mean a damn thing anymore.... - b.l.zeebub 11:58:25 11/11/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.