Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Pro sound at home...

First post on the Pro forum… please be nice.

I want to build a pro speaker for home use. The karate school I train at uses two way pro speakers – 15” woofer plus compression tweeter. I replaced the tweeters after they blew at an event. Everything about the speaker was more robust and better built than the typical woofers and tweeters I’ve been using all these years. For years I’ve been listening to music thru pro speakers at the karate school and at first I hated them. But lately, I have been really enjoying them for their effortless punch and detail. They move air and sound lively. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my home speakers. I just want to try building something new. I want to start relatively small. After considerable thought I’ve narrowed it down to the following:

Eminence Beta 10A
Eminence PSD2002
Crossover at 1.6k

I am not sure to use a short square shaped horn on the tweeter or a short rectangular shaped horn. Remember, this is for home use so I want the sound as smooth as possible but I also want to capture that lively, punchy pro sound I have grown to enjoy. Any suggestions on crossover point or anything else would be appreciated.

TIA!
Godzilla
www.ZillaSpeak.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Pro sound at home... - Godzilla. 13:31:59 11/09/07 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.