Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

SHHHHH not so LOUD, we like it the way it is!

We live in that bit at the top of Kambah, which was hit by - a fire tornado - on 18 January 2003! My eldest son and I are in the Community Fire Unit team for this area. Open on both flanks to westerly and easterly fires. W'y being far the most probable!

I suggested this local units idea to a Minister of the ACTLC - John 'Hargraves'? at our first estate meeting that Monday. The Dandenongs and lots of Sydney's bush suburbs having had them for a good bit longer! To good effect. I no longer feel bad about never having joined the SES OR the RFS. Lots of us reservists did though!

If you think about it, if military intelligence is an oxymoron, then so is the Aussie tradition of volunteering for the h'army, Viz. 1st and 2nd AIF, CMF etc, and the Active Reserve! Left and Right, too! ;-)! Think about it and laugh!

Our CFU team's yellow trailer is visible - at the house that meeting was held, too - from Sulwood drive. As you head East towards Mt Taylor from the last lights of Tugg'g Parkway, which ends there!

All the fire hydrants round here 'work easily' are cleared of sand etc /ants nests!!!!!! regularly, and always before Summer!

We've even laid-down a belt of aerated foam/water onto the reserve and grassland abutting our boundary road with a CAFS tanker. Nackered afterwards - we had to be and would have to be quick as they'd be wanted by others as well.

Warmest

Timbo in Oz
The Skyptical Mensurer and Audio Scrounger

And gladly would he learn and gladly teach - Chaucer. ;-)!

'Still not saluting.'

http://www.theanalogdept.com/systems_gallery.htm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • SHHHHH not so LOUD, we like it the way it is! - Timbo in Oz 17:35:39 07/11/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.