Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

NO WAY..

Rick,
Im sure u have made some mistake here. The procedure is very simple & i myself have done it. I guess u quite dint understand it properly. Let me explain in a straightforward manner...

With ur SSD attached to the 'other' computer, in any which way (it does'nt matter), it would show up in its "My Computer" as say 'E' drive.
All u have to do is click 'Start'>'Run'> regedit..
Now u will have the registry editor open. In case u have any tree open, collapse all of them. Now here comes the tricky part...
Just click on HKEY_USERS once so its just selected. NOW go to File menu, & u will have the "Load Hive" option available. Click on it & browse to the Config Folder of ur SSD ( which in this case would be E:\Windows\System32\Config). And from it, select 'software' by double-clicking on it. Now it will ask u to assign a name for this Temporary tree u are creating under the HKEY_USERS. Name it something like 'Rick'.
Now under this Rick tree, u will have access to the Registry of ur SSD. After making any changes whatsoever, remember to UNLOAD the Hive by Just clicking on the 'Rick' & from the File menu, select Unload Hive..

You're Done...!!

Junaid

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread