Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Tweaks parts 13, 14 (Network version)

The Steppe's Tweaks parts 13, 14 are possible to apply completely in a network configuration of cMP2. (but I did not find files tapi32.dll, ver.dll , wzcsvc.dll in step 12 and asr_ldm.exe, netapi.dll, xmlprovi.dll in step 14. The files prodspec.ini and pschdprf.ini in step 14 can be removed - cPlay works fine).

The network configuration of my cMP2 is based on cic's "Headless cMP ² using a Fit-PC2" namely:
- Static IP addresses avoid DHCP's overhead and work well with UltraVNC. Recommended.
- The remote control utility is... the best of those tested ... UltraVNC.
- cPlay can be launched using cMP's library facility as normal except that it is necessary first to log on to the network drive (NAS) by means of a command "Net Use M: \\Server\Folder/User:Server\UserName password:" started by click the ‘ RIP ' button in the cMP window.

Serge.
http://cmp2-mihaylov.narod.ru/

My cMP2: Windows XP SP2 Ru, GA-H55M-UD2H, i3-530, Corsair CM3X160C9DHX 1GB, system drive - Transcend IDE FLASH MODULE TS2GDOM40V-S FAT32, ESI Juli@, full linear PSU, NAS - WD My Book Live

Edits: 10/03/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread