Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: new tweaks part 15

Hello, everybody. This is part 15, and this is what I propose to do:
Find and remove:
bootok.exe bootvrfy.exe dosx.exe grpconv.exe mmc.exe reg.exe regedt32.exe tasklist.exe taskman.exe taskmgr.exe (these files, or their absence won't affect the startup of cmp - read below *) dmconfig.dll dmserver.dll dsuiext.dll fde.dll inetcplc.dll input.dll
msgina.dll msvcrt40.dll mycomput.dll ntmsapi.dll ntmsdba.dll osuninst.dll regapi.dll resutils.dll rsaenh.dll ureg.dll Dcache.bin mib.bin oembios.bin appwiz.cpl bthprops.cpl firewall.cpl hdwwiz.cpl inetcpl.cpl intl.cpl ncpa.cpl nusrmgr.cpl nwc.cpl powercfg.cpl
sysdm.cpl timedate.cpl ega.cpi FNTCACHE.DAT oembios.dat secupd.dat compmgmt.msc devmgmt.msc dfrg.msc diskmgmt.msc fsmgmt.msc gpedit.msc lusrmgr.msc ntmsmgr.msc ntmsoprq.msc rsop.msc secpol.msc services.msc winoldap.mod chcp.com diskcomp.com diskcopy.com
edit.com format.com graftabl.com graphics.com kb16.com loadfix.com mode.com more.com tree.com win.com ieuinit.inf
Please note, that in this series of files some are from windows root, some from windows-system, system32 and system32-config folders.
Reboot and listen to some music.
* CMP doesn't react to the absence of taskmanager and loads perfectly. Also, I didn't remove taskill.exe. When I last saw task manager on startup, it showed:
Commit charge (before loading the library titles, but with cicsremote aborted - 20,444 mb, with remote - 22,496, no remote and 700+ titles loaded, OK pressed to close the diagnostics window - 25,628)
Serge.
P.S. Inmates, I know that some of you might have lost your usb flash drive capability. Please, find its dll. I am positively exhausted to return and "search" for it, besides, I don't need it, while other folks may.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.