Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I have never had the opportunity to compare USB2 with FW using the same source & dac.

Soon the new pro Mytek DAC will be available with USB2 and FW and DSDIF, SPDIF, AES interface, quite a bit of comparison possibility. :)

The three best DAC I have heard at home were the MSB Platinum (USB2), Weiss DAC202 (FW) and Sonic 304/305 (FW). So I do not think we can have a kind of ranking based on the interface only, the whole implementation probably more important than the PC connection itself. Hope to get the latest Weiss INT203 (FW) as well and to connect it to a Devialet amp, to see how it can go against M2Tech Hiface EVO (USB2) and the Bryston BDP-1 file player through the AES input of the Devialet. Devialet promise a wifi - based streaming from PC/Mac/iOS(?) sometime late summer up to 192kHz/24 bit which can be comparabale any other way of connecting and streaming. At least according to the promise of the manufacturer. Just to make our life more exciting :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I have never had the opportunity to compare USB2 with FW using the same source & dac. - endust4237 14:56:27 06/18/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.