Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Long time no hear :-)

I'm probably going in the opposite direction (most of the music I listen to these days are MP3 -v2 ~190 kbps on cheap Sennheiser earbuds so in comparison 16/44.1 sounds like heaven)

I do miss DSD though. Unfortunately, my XA777ES haven't really worked properly for a few years now (it's been to the shop a few times, and they have replaced the laser, upgraded the firmware, replaced the DAC op amps, and I can't remember what else but it still doesn't play very well)

I now have a Oppo BDP-83SE NuForce Edition. I like the NuForce sound, but the PRaT is not as good as my custom music PC, and somehow the overall sound is a bit too overblown/larger than life for me. But for watching Blurays it's fine and the exaggeration kinda works :-)

I'm not a big fan of USB audio but have learnt to live with it since I'm still using my old Edirol SD-90 in my DAW. It's quite noisy (since it's a US model and the power supply does not filter the Aust 50 Hz artefacts very well) but for monitoring on headphones and sending to my powered monitors they seem fine.

I also bought an E-MU 0404 USB on my last trip to the States. The playback was a tad disappointing but the recording is fantastic - I have been using it to record my LPs at 24/96.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Long time no hear :-) - Christine Tham 21:45:48 10/24/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.