Computer Audio Asylum

No BUF32S mods

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hi Theo

Interesting how different our findings (or is it taste already?) are - I would not want to go back to the Benchmark now that I have got to know the Buffalo, and I wouldn't want it to do anything other than 24/192 :-)

No, as said I haven't done any optimizations or tweaks to BUF32S yet (apart from running it from battery which is not yet optimized in any way) since I'm waiting for the TWEAKER version to become available. This I think will be much more suitable for tweaks and optimizations since it (hopefully) will have no regulators, no output stage etc. thus being a much leaner and more precisely to handle component compared to the current BUF32S which is quite an integrated device (of course a very good one).

Well, that said, it may well be that I still start playing around with it and doing some tweaks and mods if the wait for the TWEAKER gets to long and/or I get too impatient, but I don't really have plans to do so yet ;-)

Follow Ups: