Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Listening to J2

Actually, anyone can listen to a J2 in their own system, pending availability of the amp from Nelson. Mark at Reno Hifi is the primary supplier for First Watt amps, and offers home trial for basically the cost of return postage (for a heavy amp, mind you, so you're still talking $50 to $75).

Straight from the Reno Hifi- site:

"First Watt J2 ALL NEW! Now Shipping. MSRP $4000 -- Special promo offers for a very limited time including 30 day in-home demo... you'll be Thrilled!"

I already had an F-5 on in-home demo when the J-2 was announced. I ordered it the next day. Mark offered a generous allowance for my Aleph 30 as trade-in credit - claims he has a waiting list of clients asking for it. The F-5 improved on the Aleph in some areas, but the top end on the F-5 was a bit too hot for my tastes. Thus far, the J2 seems an improvement over the F-5 in many ways, but esp. with 'natural' detail and ambience/decay (there's more 'there' there), but with a treble more like the Aleph 30.

For my tastes/system, it's sound great, and it's just breakin' in.

clay

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.