Computer Audio Asylum

RE: cPlay 2.0b27 Released

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hi everyone, I have been on another planet for the past 6 months but am now catching up on all the posts, as well as updating my system to the latest versions.

About the composer name issue in cue sheets, there is a tag specifically for this in the specs called SONGWRITER. Me and my friend have been working on this issue and are transferring huge collections of music to hard disc, I've got now over 1000 CDs with the same number of cue sheets to edit and this is a big issue, not to mention managing the GENRE tags as well.

It would be nice if there was a way to support this eventually in cMP and cPlay to make it a little easier to navigate a big collection of music.

I've included a part of one of our cue sheets as an example below as well as the cue sheet standard description for that tag.

Frodan

REM GENRE Classical-Symphony
REM DATE 1977
CATALOG 4988005503473
REM ORCHESTRA BPO
REM FIRM DG SHM-CD
SONGWRITER "Brahms"
PERFORMER "Karajan"
TITLE "Symphony No. 1 in C minor Op. 68"
FILE "Brahms - Karajan - Symphony No. 1 in C minor Op. 68 - 1977.wav" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "I. Un poco sostenuto - Allegro"
SONGWRITER "Brahms"
ISRC DEF058702021
INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "II. Andante sostenuto"
SONGWRITER "Brahms"
ISRC DEF058702022
INDEX 00 13:22:02
INDEX 01 13:26:00

SONGWRITER
Description:

This command is used to specify the name of a songwriter for a CD-TEXT enhanced disc.
Syntax:

SONGWRITER [songwriter-string]
Parameters:

songwriter-string - Name of songwriter. If the string contains any spaces, then it must be enclosed in quotation marks. Strings should be limited to 80 character or less.
Example:

SONGWRITER "Paul McCartney"
Rules:

If the SONGWRITER command appears before any TRACK commands, then the string will be encoded as the songwriter of the entire disc. If the command appears after a TRACK command, then the string will be encoded as the songwriter of the current track. Note: If your recorder does not support CD-TEXT, then this command will be ignored.
Daniel Gauthier
Montreal Canada

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L, E7200, 2 x 1 gig HyperX LL Memory, Antec SLP-450WR PSU, WinXP sp3 on Compact Flash Drive, Jili@ Analog Out direct to Electrocompaniet Ampliwire II Amplifier, Apogée Convergence Speakers

Follow Ups: