Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: A bit of advice to you Charles...

You posted a link to a page that made product claims which read like snake oil. Many of us would like to have DACs that totally reject jitter and produce sound that does not depend on the transport. Such a DAC would greatly simplify computer audio. Manufacturers have made claims of this sort before, but these have not stood the test of actual performance, according to reports I have seen or equipment that I have used.

By describing how your product works using unusual terminology your product takes on a decided "snake oil" tinge. I have no way of knowing what your product does. My best guess is that you are doing some form of asynchronous resampling. But the way the web page is written it is impossible to tell. If you wrote how your product worked and compared it to other approaches then we might continue to doubt your claims, but at least you wouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

Your product may be good for all I know, but you definitely have a ways to go when it comes to marketing literature.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: A bit of advice to you Charles... - Tony Lauck 12:45:53 02/08/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.