Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

DAC sound regardless of transport used

Yes Charles, that is exactly what I am saying. To prove our point, at THE Show we used a Sony Discman, which generates an immense amount of jitter into the DAC section of our player and compared it head to head with the Esoteric drive mechanism that is built into our player and there was no sonic difference. We had the same exact results running from a computer using a Lynx AES16 sound card via AES cables into our DAC.

I cannot speak of disc treatments as I have not experimented with them. However, we believe that as long as the bits get to our DAC intact, nothing else really matters.

I think the explanation was pretty clear and I thought it was in English :) Although I cannot give you our proprietary recipe, but I will try a different way.

Imagine you are on a freeway going to a predetermined destination and there is another car which needs to arrive there as well at the same time. You are both in the fast lane and the other car is in front of you. As they speed up and slow down, it causes you to do the same until you both arrive at the destination. This is essentially what a PLL is.

With our 2 dimensional DAC we use a technology we call the Playback Designs Frequency Arrival System (PDFAS). This technology eliminates the need for PLLs and all we care about is that both cars arrive to the destination at the same time. We no longer care how they get there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.