Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: There, finally an answer to my query,

I agree. The problem is software. I started thinking about this when I noticed that playback in Wavelab is significantly better than any of the jukebox players I had tried, and I had tried most of them. I am not talking about a subtle difference.

But I have a rather large music collection to deal with, and could never get past the interface on cmp or XXHighEnd. However, I am nor sure the difference is entirely a matter of playback from memory. It is possible to set a large buffer in Foobar, but to my ear, it doesn't make a very big difference. I wish one of the pro audio software outfits would comeout with a jukebox. Steinberg had a jukebox back in the late 90s, but it seems to have disappeared.

It is still not clear to me what the VRS system is. It looks like that software which is coming out of pro audio will be integrated with a very sophisticated and expensive hardware arrangement.

Itunes, after all, is primarily designed for people buying MP3s from the Itunes store. Apple really has no interest in selling high-quality audio or facilitating the ripping of highest quality files. If they thought audio quality made a difference they would supply better earbuds with Ipods.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: There, finally an answer to my query, - db 09:30:54 12/11/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.