Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

IMO, - I'd strongly consider an external drive or device

to dump your music to, and use as an ITunes server.

Apologies in advance if I'm butting in...

The MAC Mini is a very good little box, but at my previous company, I found out two important things...

1. Over configure it; get too much stuff, because it's not so easy to get inside that thing to replace the CD drive, add memory, or a bigger HD. (Actually, if you do get an external drive, the hard drive size won't matter).
2. The mainboard/logic board had some issues that made the fan on those things run all of the time, and loud. That had to be replaced. I'm not saying that this was super pervasive, but it did come up as issue.

I would definitely recommend getting the added AppleCare support. Also.. Macrumors.com has said to hold off buying a new MAC Mini or an IMac for a little bit as they both are due for an upgrade. Some of these things/reasons are superfluous for high end audio, - but if they redo USB to ver 3.0 or start messing with Firewire like they did with the MacBooks; it's definitely something to think about....

Cheers,

I was a punk before you were a punk
You don't believe me? Just step outside and see me

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • IMO, - I'd strongly consider an external drive or device - Sordidman 10:23:19 12/09/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.