Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

You have a point there.

"I'd guess that your problem is more specific that just a shared IRQ."

It seems this was the case too - when I got the IRQs to be unique to each USB controller / USB HUB that I was using, the problem actually got WORSE.

Something else is at work that is beyond my PC know-how.

I am re-installing windows to see how the drivers bahve with a fresh install with the default windows service configuration.

If I get glitch-free playback, I might be inclined to believe that by making my machine faster by eliminating services I *thought* I didn't need, I could have shut of services that I really DID need!!

Just FYI - I have every audio interface I own (about four of em) running perfectly any time I want with no problems or dropouts. It's only this recent desire to try a USB audio device under XP that has lead me down the garden path.

Sadly, the sound BETWEEN dropouts was exceptional - and is what made me so determined to make it work. When I try SPDIF tonite, I will report back with my sonic impressions. Hopefully, SPDIF will not be a lesser method. I recall it was not that bad, but I think I was favoring USB there for a while.

Could be pscyhoacoustics... I mean psycho-delusion at work...

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You have a point there. - Presto 13:45:37 07/02/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.