Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: USB audio drop outs on XP - every other track. Anyone?

I wish I had a magic answer for you, but I don't. I can sympathize with your problems, though, having had a number of audio pc setups over the years, something occasionally goes wrong with them from time to time. The answer is usually a simple change, but finding that simple change can be an incredibly frustrating and time-consuming experience.

I can tell you that on my current system, even when I'm being abusive with it (e.g. playing a 3D full-screen internet game using USB keyboard, mouse, and microphone) I don't get dropouts like that with my Benchmark DAC1 USB, Vista 64-bit, and 8GB of RAM. I realize that is of little consolation to you.

Question: what USB driver are you using? The one built into Windows XP? If so, perhaps this is part of the problem. I say this because the only time I've ever had problems with dropouts using USB audio was related to a problem with the USB driver...in this case, it was the M-Audio USB driver (with both an M-Audio Audiophile USB and an Empricial Audio Off-Ramp 2 Turbo w/ SuperClock 4). The problem was usually caused by using the wrong latency settings. Have you tried a 3rd-party USB driver like this one: usb-audio.com

The next question isn't going to cheer you up...is it possible the USB implementation for this receiver is just bad? I've never heard of anyone else using that particular device.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: USB audio drop outs on XP - every other track. Anyone? - Scrith 15:58:42 07/01/08 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.