Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Here's another 2 devices

Good catch finding the expand 'Non-Plug and Play Devices'. There are several more devices now that I think can be disabled, and I am still experimenting.
I almost wish we could just run foobar with ms-dos since all these windows drivers loaded just add more grunge. I think we could also use another SYsinternals program called Autoruns to disect and disable everything loading..it's easy to see everything at least.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Security/Autoruns.mspx
i only used it to make sure I didn't have any spyware running at first.
Anyway, I also disabled all the audio codecs that are launched, which I hadn't done before. I think that helped.
Play at your own risk concerning the newly exposed devices, but I disabled FIPS, Remote access stuff, extra devices that appeared under network adapters, and terminal services for keyboard and mouse. The network stuff will prevent your network card from working. If you don't cae about that you can also disable IPSEC.

s good as these improvements are, I know the rest of my system can't take full advantage of high quality the transport is now. Extra power conditioning improvements could really help at this point, not to mention equipment upgrades.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.