Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Synergistic Research USB Cable

Mercman wrote,

"Let me cut to the chase guys, the Synergistic Research USB cable is in a class of its own; it is simply remarkable. After hearing this cable on three different systems with three different USB DACs, replacement of the Kimber or Belkin USB cables with this cable improved the sound of every DAC used. The improvement was considerable."

Well, I too have heard the Synergitics USB cable in the same systems as Mercman, and without question IT IS in a class of it's own. I have compared it to the Kimber and the Belkin Gold and it's not a fair fight. I have been on the fence about computer/server based audio...the addtion of this cable sealed the fate of my CDP. It is up for sale. Unlike Mercman, I am not using a state of the art USB DAC. Still the effect, for me has been that profound that I can say good-bye to my CDP, with no regrets, and without a thought of looking back.

Clearly this cable is not cheap (as USB cables go), but it with my $1000 DAC has trumped my $8500 CDP.

BTW, we often cite those "comments from the other room". And yes, when the Synergistics USB went in it evoked the "what did you just do, that sounds way better" from my wife (in the next room), almost instantly.

To Ted and his crew at Synergistics, thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.