Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: @fmak, clarify your conclusions from src.inifinitewave.ca

I shall try to explain. What you are referring to is the band limited signal to noise or signal to harmonics levels and not related to the hf images that I have been referring to. If you look at the link that I posted, you will see that src has significant iamges over the place. Post filtering is important to sonics and really one doesn't know what is going on in a given PC system. There are no measurements in the public domain on usb to spdif or usb converter products being talked about here. Goto diyhi.org on measurements made on usb bridghes and the technical issues surrrounding them and you will see what I mean on hardware and software issues. Also, if you look at PC forums, you will see that usbs are not by any means robust as spdifs. At least there are some published bt Stereophile on SPDIF sound cards that one can use as a performance reference.

What is the point in going from:

PCI to USB
USB to SPDIF and throwing away PCI to spdif systems and not making sure that the outputted SPDIF stream is correct and high quality.???

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.