Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: SRC

I am not sure if it can be generalized, my preference (not with SRC SW but other upsamplers) was 24/88.2 over 24/94.
Based on my limited experience, I would say I prefer synchronous oversampling over asynchronous.
Also, this is very subjective, for example, an audiophile friend of mine and I converged over time to almost identical systems, we have the same speakers and amplification, but we disagree on digital source. He is in love with sound from his Esoteric player while I cannot stand it. Yet we both agree that his (our) system sounds the best with source being analog tape.
And if you look at previous thread on Lynx L22 sound card, after I set WaveLab with ASIO, I found digital out of PC/Lynx better than my optical transport in many aspects. It has some "analog" qualities. My present optical transport is nothing special of course, yet I found it vastly superior over SB3 at the time I was playing with it, while some consider SB3 sonic heaven.
So I will pursue further PC/Lynx as transport, by isolating sound card in same sort of a cage, will try to find a way to remove switching power supply from PC and replace it with something linear regulated, and will make my own break-out cables out of sound card.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.