Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What PC audio set up can outperform High end Emmlabs, DCS system?

Fred,

I am all for debating this and appreciate you taking everyone to task. I just wish i could make some sense of what you are saying.

On one hand you dismiss a product because it won't do more than 16/44 or because a triode is added. But then you deride those who stress upsampling.

What is the deal??

I find it hard to believe that someone who has all that topflight gear and scopes to measure everything doesn't have the resources to try these products.

Personally I haven't found PC audio problematic. Time consuming YES, a challenge to get right some days, yes, but not problematic. Infact, my system improved dramatically since i ditched my trans/dac.

Obviously you have issues with the 3 companies that hang around here on this forum. Why not try a company that doesn't. Zero One audio makes purpose built PC products that maybe more in line with your design philosophies (no usb, upsampling, no switching PSU, etc.) and has gotten some awesome press.

Maybe you could give their approach a try.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.