Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Option 1: Kill Windows – Medium

First, I need to ask (unrelated again).. my computer only has usb connections for mouse and keyboard (no serial), so I have not turned off usb connections in the bios. Will that disable my usb connections permenantly? Can I still use my usb input devices in the bios? in windows? if I disable it in the bios?
Lastly, I have not had a chance to try these options, although I have no doubt that the improvements will be significant. I can remember when I killed all those processes how good it sounded, and I will create the batch files as soon as I am ready to let the pc sit for a long time without needing to reboot.
I don't have any more ideas, so as far as I'm concerned, this is just about the final frontier as far as tweaking windows goes. I will include all of these changes when I have a dedicated media pc, and will keep an eye out here for any other additions.
Are you updating your pdf file with all of these additions and is that available for download?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.