Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

USB is a tough one

Haven't been able to figure this out. I've got an iMac with iTunes, and an airport extreme base station/network. I'm eyeing the AMR CD player (CD-77) which has a USB input to allow one to have a computer access the high quality DAC in the player. The problem is getting USB music out of the iMac through some kind of wireless connection, so that USB can be put into the cd player port to access the DAC.

All solutions I have seen so far have either analog out or some other form (s/pdif or toslink) digital out. The only way I see this working is putting another full computer (i.e., Mac Mini) next to the cd player and hooking directly. Even this is not so elegant, as there isn't a way to sync the iTunes libraries on two different computer (such as can be done with an Apple TV), and I would like the library on the iMac to remain the master.

If the airport express or apple tv, or some other wireless device had USB out, that would be the answer, but I haven't found it. I have heard many times that USB is the high quality answer due to clocking and jitter reduction, but is it doable wireless?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - USB is a tough one - Chicago_phile 12:34:53 04/17/07 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.