Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: What else can I get besides NHT M00's?

Hi Mike,

I've ripped my Redbook CDs to Apple Lossless and store them on a striped RAID array running on a Windows 2000 server in the basement. This is broadcast with an AirPort Extreme 802.11n to the AirPort Express and an AppleTV. I manage the media with a dual G4/iTunes on the same network segment in the basement. Using alias's I can keep the iTunes Library on the server and update iTunes with any computer in the house, (just copy the ailas to the iTunes folder and it points to original on the network). The only downside I've found is I can only have one copy of iTunes open at a time. In the stereo room I'm using a PowerBook with a local iTunes library and just attach to the G4 iTunes share. AirTunes lets me control the Aiport Express into the "BigRig".

I'm using a Denon DVD-3910 universal player analog into the JRDG for SACD/DVD-A; toslink out to the XDAC/X10v3/XPSU for Redbook and a Linn LP12/Lingo/Ittok/Adikt for vinyl. I'm happy with the intergration of the different media, ease of use and control. I have to confess it did take the better part of a week to sort it all out though!

Regards,
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What else can I get besides NHT M00's? - huzer 11:53:20 04/15/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.