Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ok, tested it and have some questions!

Ok... here is the deal. Besides ASIO4ALL I have 3 creative ASIO outputs that are choosable in ASIO apps. The only one that works is this: "SB Audigy 4 ASIO 24/96" but there is also one that does not have 24/96 suffix and then one that just says creative asio, but the only one that works is the first one I listed.

Here are my questions...

I have 44.1khz digital out selected in the audigy control panel, however I don't know if the 24/96 driver overrides this... I don't wantthe audigy resampling for obvious reasons. Also... this DOES bypass the dreaded bass/treble sliders but I still can control the volume with the master "play control" slider. How do I know what is zero gain? I don't know if it is in the middle, or turned all the way up... I don't know.

I know the audigy4 is older tech, but bit perfect from any card put though my DIP should be ok, plus the audigy is the latest creative card that has the features I want while being compatable with all my software... I have an x-fi music ed. that many games won't work at all with any of the advanced sound features like EAX and openAL... and there are other games that have audible artifacts. It is not the card either and the drivers *are* installing properly. The audigy4 works great with all games, all audio software, it has a dedicated digital IO port and not a lame "flexy jack", and if what I am after is a bit-perfect stream it shouldn't matter as much about onboard DACs and other tech.

I just need to know if using the 24/96 ASIO out is forcing upsampling and I need to know what volume slider seting is zero gain.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.